Do you often feel like your life is not your own? Like you’re just playing by the rules of someone else’s game?
If so, then you might struggle with victim consciousness. This mindset makes it impossible to enjoy your life because it depletes your confidence and keeps you stuck in self-sacrifice.
That’s why I made a video for you this week with the 4-step approach I use to help my clients escape the victim mentality. You can check it out here.
If you’re not sure whether or not you struggle with victim consciousness, then here’s a short quiz to help you get the answer to this question:
- Do you often ask yourself “why is this happening to me?”
- Do you feel incapable of controlling your stress levels?
- Do you often feel like you’re being treated unfairly or as if you’ve gotten a bad deal?
- Do you often walk on eggshells so that you don’t do something that causes people to get angry with you, reject you, or abandon you?
- Do you often think that others are purposely trying to hurt you?
- Do you often hold past mistakes against yourself or other people?
- Do you feel powerless of changing the dysfunctional patterns of behavior that have controlled your life?
- Do you attract people who like to complain, blame, and feel victimized by life?
- Do you enjoy sharing your tragic stories and dramas with other people?
- Does how you feel about yourself depend on other people’s opinions of you?
If you’ve answered YES to more than three of these questions, then the victim mentality has got a hold on you.
Once you break free of this consciousness, you’re going to feel so much more joy and fulfillment in your life. (Not to mention, you’ll attract MUCH better people around you).